Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plants, Plants, Plants, AWARD!!

Tomorrow is a really big day for my little class.  Our school is hosting an open house/project learning extravaganza, and community members come in to check out projects all of our kiddos have been working on.  Some of those community members even volunteer to judge the projects.  It's a pretty big deal, and we've been working our little fingers to the bone.  Our theme in first grade this year is plants.  I am used to going home covered in marker, glue, and the like, but this week it's been potting soil...definitely different!  Well we are finally finished!  We've got a few different projects all revolving around our plant theme, and they are so stinkin' cute!
My bulletin board is in bloom!  Here are some close ups.

This sweet little flower was a pinterest find.  Love it! 

 And some lovely fact family flowers are sprouting across the bottom of the board.


These beauties are our seed mosaics, and they are my fave!  Every bit of that is some type of bean or seed.  They look amazing, but I will be finding beans in my room from now until next December!

 Then of course, our actual plants, accompanied by a plant life cycle.

And last, but not least, our wonderful art teacher even got in on the act with these huge color wheel flowers.  They are lining the hall leading down to my room and make me smile every morning!

NOW, drumroll please..........can you all hear it?  Okay, good.  I have been nominated for a blog award!!  For real!!
  

Thank you SO much to Marie at The Hands-On Teacher!!  She nominated me for this awesome award and I am super thrilled!

What? Oh, you have no idea what I'm talking about.  Well, "The Liebster Award is awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. The award is passed along from blogger to blogger and highlights up and coming blogs. Liebe is the word for love in Germany, which is where the award originated."

 Here are the rules:  Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Present the Liebster Blog Award to blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.

Soooo, now for my choice.  There are so many amazing blogs out there that inspire me every day.  I've got to narrow them down to only blogs with less than 200 followers and then make my choice.  I promise to announce it here tonight.  

Oh, and obviously that little Mardi Gras unit didn't make it!! AH!  Fat Tuesday really jumped up on me and it wasn't quite ready in time.  I'll finish it up and remind you all about it next year. :)  

-Beth 

3 comments:

  1. Beth, I love the bean mosaics!!!! Very creative! I used to teach 2nd grade and we did a big plant unit, which that would have been PERFECT for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute!

    Michelle
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lorax-Puppet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the seed mosaics! We do them every year and they turn out so cute!

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get the chance.

    Your blog is adorable!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete